Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Losing My Mind!

Ah, THOSE moments!

I don't even know what day of the week it is, or what date.  I had to open the little clock on the top of my computer screen to check ;)

If you see this happening this week... feel free
to laugh. But then maybe let me know? ;)
This morning I woke up, took my iron supplement, waited a grueling hour to finally have some coffee during which time I finished sorting the girls' clothes (which ones to to Madang, which ones go in the crate for our tribal home), then took the clothes and other items to be packed into our crate. We spent all day packing our crate, and in the afternoon, my mom called to ask where some clothes were for the girls for their overnight tonight at a friends' house.

I had to ask her to wait a minute. As I waited for a revelation about the clothes, nothing came, just my mental eyes staring at a blank wall. AAH. I turned around and stared at the suitcase I had brought for the crate, trying to figure out what I put inside of it... finally it struck me that the clothes I had brought with me were for the crate. So... where were the clothes for Madang? "Ahh, they must be at my mom's house", I realized. I asked her "Are there piles of clothes on the couch?" She said no. AAH. Thinking, thinking... "What did I do after I made those piles of clothes!?" She offered that there were bags of clothes on the floor. "No, those are for Goodwill", I responded. Then she said there were two suitcases with clothes in them. BINGO! "Get some clothes out of there!" I said, feeling triumphant finally!

Phew!!

We need a personal guide next Monday so we get on the right plane, for sure!

SO excited to get to PNG. So much to do in the meantime... but so many people blessing us with kindness!


2 comments: