Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Jumble

Got to find a modest swimsuit. Still looking for cotton 'skimmies' to wear under my skirts to keep the bugs out. Need to pack our crate. Need to pack our suitcases! What are we taking on the plane? Do I need snacks for the kids? Oh- and I need to finish Naya's Kindergarten. I hope I have all I need for her 1st grade. The handful of boxes of random paperwork and this-n-that's that I need to sort through. Oh and all those random vitamins. Need to mail the various books we've borrowed from people over the last few years. Got to get to the bank to deposit all our loose change. Noe still needs a pillow. Oh and we can't get much in the way of underwear so we all need to get more of that. Have to meet the financial planner again to sign for our retirement account. Oh and what food am I providing for the open house this Sunday? Do I need to bring any long pants/jeans for the colder climate in PNG? How many pairs of socks anyway? How much is stuff REALLY gonna mold? Where is that little box I use to so carefully wrap my teacup? I was going to mail myself a care package as someone recommended, but I haven't found the time. :( Too late now. Oh and we just printed newsletters, gotta find time to input the rest of our friends' addresses and get all our envelopes stuffed and stamped and mailed! And why is my to-do list still not shrinking? I thought we had a free night, but I was wrong. How do I best use each hour? I'm so tired too- do I have time for a nap? Or should I have more coffee and nap on the plane? :)


I WILL be on that plane in 12 days, with my to-do list empty and my notebook ready for language and culture learning and adaptation...

Despite the crazy glimpse into my brain that I just shared (yes, glimpse.. I could've gone on and on for hours), the 12-day countdown reminds me that no matter what happens each hour and each day, it's all in His hands, and what gets done will get done. I don't have to accomplish it all perfectly. It will be what it will be.

As one of our instructors in Michigan said,

"Work as if it all depends on you, 
but know that it all depends on God."

2 comments:

  1. Praying with you, counting it as a privilege. You are such an encouragement to me. I know that you know that God will take care of you. We love you. If you need me to drop off a coffee and a hug next week, let me know (you can't pack it, but maybe it will help anyway?)- Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Lisa, I'm relating to what you're saying, and we're not even going overseas. I'm praying for you; keep praying for us...."Clarice"

    ReplyDelete