Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It Runs

Every time we flush the toilet, it runs! And runs! And runs.... And RUNS :( :( :(

It didn't take long for me to laugh at myself, however, at what a silly nuisance that is. I love seeing His hand at work - seeing opportunities for growth in my heart and mind. I can hardly imagine the many 'opportunities' I will have, such as a toilet that runs and makes me stand there jiggling the handle repeatedly until it resolves itself. There are definitely moments when this toilet defeats me. (I know what you're thinking. Really? Toilet talk? Great...) But He gives me the encouragement to just take a breath, close my eyes, and breathe in His joy in spite of it.

Not instead of it. For the frustrations of this life are very real. (He said it Himself - "In this world you will have trouble.")

But in SPITE of it. (He said it Himself immediately following His last statement - "But take heart! I have overcome the world.")

Thanking Him in spite of my heart's great "sin-cancer" does not mean I deny that there is great pain and sorrow. But my thankfulness is this: "Thank you that You are YOU, and that YOU are always with me, that You know it, that You have done it, and that You have promised to complete the work You have begun in me. THANK YOU."

And this thankfulness draws my heart into His heart, filling it up with His tenderness and joy, and it runs over abundantly!

Keep running if you must, little toilet. You will not get the best of me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment