Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Beginning Signs

The other day I went to a department store with a couple good friends. I followed them around for awhile, through the women's clothes, the fitness clothes, the children's clothes, the home section, the kitchen section, the shoes... Finally I realized how silly I felt! Why? I'm in a weird spot right now. Transitioning to move overseas within a year, no home to cook in or 'make my own', no need for additional clothes since we will leave most of them behind anyway... So I wandered off a bit by myself and thought about all of it.

It feels both lonely and exciting to be in this transitional phase. And now we have some friends who have arrived in PNG and are passing on their detailed insights about clothes, household items, and daily living.

As one of the first ways to make our house in PNG our home, I've taken the advice of other missionary ladies who are in PNG and am going to make some curtains! It was fun picking out the fabric with Noe the other day. 
Holding the fabric and envisioning it in our home was perhaps the first slice of reality (other than filling out paperwork) that we really are doing this!

Additionally, as we sorted through the belongings we brought back to Seattle from Missouri this summer, we found some items at a thrift store to take with us overseas. Things that will go into our house in the tribe! Such as a stovetop waffle iron ( yes my husband loves waffles. And my kids. Guess i do too!). A stainless steel French press. A stovetop popcorn maker (did I mention that we will have a stove? Won't be the dark ages thankfully!). And I've just recently acquired a milk frother wand (oh yes, priorities... A woman needs her espresso!) (or maybe it's because we are from Seattle?).

Noe also just found me a heavy duty storage tub for my homeschool materials. 

Anyway, it becomes more real each day as we step closer and closer to this huge life change!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a strange transitional phase to be in! I couldn't imagine how that must feel, but I would think it includes doses of terror and excitement, and maybe just curiosity in what this next big chapter of your life will entail! The curtains look lovely. I am thinking of you often, praying that all things will be prepared in their time and that your transition will be a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete