Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Little Friends

This sweet letter was written to my daughter by a darling girl who is living in a tribe! My husband visited this tribe last month and brought home the letter.

It is really encouraging to consider the relationships that missionary kids can have with one another ( even beginning at such a young age!). 


We were also excited that last week, a friend of mine approached me saying, "My kids would really like to be pen pals with yours. What do you think?"

What do I think?! I can't help but be overjoyed at the Lord's provision of friendship and encouragement for my kiddos! Not only can they have friendships overseas, but also with loved ones back in the States.

I've been enjoying reading a book called Third Culture Kids, which discusses many of the elements of life for childen who spends significant time in a country and culture not their own. Benefits and challenges of such a lifestyle. And this issue of friendship is one of them. It may be very difficult for them to say countless goodbyes and move in and out of communities and cultures frequently. But the benefit of having friends around he globe may be significant to their hearts as well!

I do hope that my kids will have plenty of friends to stay in touch with around the globe. But NO sticker clubs! Haha! Ok, does anyone else remember those? And chain letters? Ok...

No comments:

Post a Comment