Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Digital Cooking!

Wouldn't that be something, to open a recipe on your iPad and press "Go!" and sit down with a hot cup of tea while dinner just makes itself?

Yeah, pretty unrealistic.

So is lugging many pounds of heavy cookbooks (most of which I cook 1 or 2 recipes out of... am I the only one?) overseas.

I'm very thankful for these newfangled tools, also known as "APPS", such as this one below, that allow me to import recipes from websites, from cookbooks, from recipe cards, .... and from my brain (ok yeah, the last one is a joke, because those who know me are fully aware that I have no recipes in my brain. I can cook really well, but not without a detailed recipe!).

Because of this, I will be able to have every recipe I ever use at my fingertips. Plus the iPad can be right there in the kitchen with me! ("But what if it dies?!?!", you might ask. Never fear! ... My family would learn to enjoy rice. Lots of rice. Hehe)

Here is an example of how this App, "RecipeBook" works (it's SO easy!).






Ok, friends... now it's YOUR turn to help ME! Please comment below with your FAVORITE recipe! It can be a link to the recipe online (which I can easily import, as you saw above), the entire recipe typed out, or you can also email me with the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Here's an easy one:
    Sensational Peanut Butter Cookies
    From The Kitchen (.com)
    18 cookies
    1 cup peanut butter (see note)
    3/4 cup natural cane sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    additional sugar for rolling
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees°F.
    Mix all the ingredients up in a bowl. Roll walnut-sized pieces into balls and roll balls in the additional sugar. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool before removing from baking sheet. I'm planning to add chocolate chips. Mary Cox

    ReplyDelete