Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Full Speed Ahead!

Yes, this is an EXTREMELY flattering picture of me!! Be jealous.

But really, I guess that is how this year is feeling! Trying to keep my eyes open and holding on tight as life twists and turns and climbs and drops... and like Space Mountain, taking moments RIGHT in the midst of the craziness to gaze at the beautiful stars! (They really make it pretty in there, if you think to look and enjoy it!) (and yes, I cropped out my dear father- he looked rather ill... hehe)

So He is reminding me to stop and gaze at Him in the midst of this crazy year.

We just enjoyed a lovely family trip to Disneyland, courtesy of the grandparents. :) They are making some great memories with us, and with my brother and his wife, and especially with their grand-daughters before we move overseas next year. 

I met a gal in Colorado a few weeks ago who was a missionary in Europe for several years. She expressed to me that she very much understands how challenging that year before you move overseas is, with transitions and goodbyes and such. And this is what she told me:

"Don't just survive these months. Learn to live well in them!"

I'd say that's definitely my goal now- to not merely 'get through', but to live well in these times, to enjoy and savor (as I've said before), and to keep making memories that I can carry with me when we are gone. 

I think it's a great challenge for all of us. Are we living in survival mode (like my picture indicates above)? Or are we willing to stop and gaze at His Face (for surely He is with us!) in the midst of it all?

Stopping to enjoy some beauty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment