Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Practice

Did I have a brief panicky moment when we checked in at the airport a couple weeks ago? Oh yes!! 

For just a second my brain skipped ahead to July, and I could 'feel' the mystery of leaving all that's familiar behind for several years. In that moment, I thought "yikes. I don't think I want ANYone coming to the airport with us that day. I'd like to invite a stranger off the streets to drive us to the airport, tell us to quit the crying, and speed away hurriedly. :)

Ok so we all know that won't happen. It's difficult to face some of these realities though...

Another 'practice' we recently experienced was attending and helping with a dinner for some friends who are moving overseas in just 2 more months. It was overwhelming to witness the love and support of the body of Christ coming around these friends. Seeing them being sent out! 

Also interesting was seeing their crates that they built. And the small amount of belongings that are prepared to be squeezed into them. 

These are all upcoming realities for us. I'm thankful for the opportunity to experience them a bit in advance. To process, and to see what works well and what maybe we'd do differently.

I have seen The Lord work this way in my life for years and years now! He has a way of subtly equipping me and preparing my heart for things that are to come. Often I don't recognize it until it is hindsight. But I've never known Him to lead me into anything blindly. If I feel blind, it's because I'm not looking at Him!

Lord, keep my eyes always looking to You- for today, for what is coming, and for what has passed, that I may find infinitely more reasons to praise Your Name and Your faithfulness.

"My heart says of You, "Seek His face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek." -Ps. 27.8


No comments:

Post a Comment