Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Friday, April 3, 2015

Best Friday EVER!

Giant water slide!

Kids' Bingo!

Fun with friends!

Ice cream social!

I have no hesitation in imagining that today, Friday, was perhaps the 'best Friday EVER' for my kids!

I sat on our porch as the sunlight began to fade, watching my girls on the playground giggling and chasing and punching each other (yes). And I sure smiled, seeing them have such a blast with each other and with many of the friends they've met here, all these fellow missionary kids. What a blessing!

Meanwhile, the other side of my brain kept repeating again and again some lyrics we sang at the Good Friday service this morning,

"Oh to see the dawn of the darkest day- Christ on the road to Calvary..."

And I looked around me at all the people we've come to know in these last couple months, these co-laborers in this amazing work, this new 'family' that we share bread and wine with in remembrance of Him.

"What a strange place I am in," I thought to myself.

And it is all because of this day, this Friday. This amazing, horrible, AND best Friday ever.
The Friday that we remember that God always keeps His promises.
The Friday when Jesus crushed the head of Satan.
The Friday when Christ took the curse of sin upon Himself, thereby saving sinful you and sinful me simply by our belief in Him and what He has done!
The Friday that gave meaning to the Friday we enjoyed today- meeting together to reflect and remember His death, sing songs of worship and praise to Him, and fellowship together as family.

The Friday that is why I am in a strange place today. And on this Friday, as I looked across the valley at the hills and mountains, knowing that in this land alone there are over 800 language groups... THIS is why I am in a strange place. This is why I am savoring fellowship with these other believers. All of these precious ones who have left their homes, families, belongings, and countries. Why? Because hundreds of these language groups still have not heard a clear gospel. (Oh yes, some have heard a 'gospel', but not the true gospel.)

And so we too have left our home, our families, our belongings, and our country. Why? Because Christ said shortly before His death, "...I will build My Church." And so we join Him. We join Him because He is worthy. We join Him, the Worthy One, in His most worthy 'cause'. Building His Church. We do not build it, but He uses us as vessels as He builds it. And because He is the One building it, we know that "the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

He is Worthy. On this Friday, this good good, oh so good Friday... He is Worthy.

We are way over here in this 'strange' land as a family, to bring Him to those who have not yet heard and understood- because He is Worthy. May we not forget it. 

You are in your place- your home, your work, your family, your every detail- because He is Worthy. May you not forget it.

Yes, Naya and Jocie... this is indeed the 'Best Friday EVER'. He is Worthy! He is Worthy Indeed!






1 comment:

  1. How can I be simultaneously teary-eyed and filled with joy as I read your thoughts and see your heart? Oh, the Power of the Cross! He is Worthy Indeed. He is Risen Indeed. Love you!

    ReplyDelete