Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Friday, November 21, 2014

My First Cessna

On Monday, I will fly in a teeny tiny plane for the first time. (With my family) 

I've anticipated this moment for about 10 years! One morning, when Noe and I were dating, he picked me up from my apartment in Cannon Beach and we drove down to Nehalem Bay State Park for a few hours. At one point we found ourselves at the little airstrip, and a small Cessna was parked there. 

I already anticipated career mission work, so as I looked at this plane, I felt like I was getting a tiny glimpse into my future. "One day," I said to Noe, "I will probably fly in one of these tiny ( death traps* )!"


10 years have passed, and now here I am, about to step into a Cessna! I praise The Lord for His faithfulness in guiding me (with my family!) here to this place in life, to this place in His purpose, and to this geographical place. 

I also praise Him for the folks at Prestige Brands who have 'provided' me with Dramamine to help me enjoy my flight. Ha...ha...

*death traps is a modification from the original statement. "Planes" was likely the original word.

1 comment:

  1. Bonine is better than Dramamine! No drowsiness...works great!!

    ReplyDelete