Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Jitters

Sleepless nights are beginning. 62 days to go... so much to do, and what feels like so little time!

I was reminded of the days surrounding my short term mission trips in high school (I went on two trips with Teen Missions International, to Poland and to Zambia). During those days I had dream after dream about showing up at the mission's 'boot camp' in Florida - sometimes without my box of belongings! Other times I had the box, but when I opened it, I had forgotten clothes. Or a sleeping bag. Or all my money...

Oh speaking of which, one of those years I did actually seal up my box of belongings and go to bed, and upon double-checking my packing list in the morning I realized I had locked all my money safely in my filing cabinet! Had to break the seal on the box and put the money in... that could've been a very awkward situation...

Anyway, I remember those dreams because I sometimes think I will forget something "vital" (something I perhaps consider vital today) to our surviving/living in the jungle. Like a knife. Or toothpaste? Or... underwear? Who knows!

But all that to say- this is all so very mind-boggling, and when I lay down at night, my brain is like a hamster. No need to explain. Right? (Noe always gives me a hard time about hamsters since I left mine to die during a tsunami evacuation in Oregon... and he still thinks I purposely killed it... ok... I may not love animals, but starving one?)

*If you were moving to a jungle for several years, is there something specific you'd want to make sure you had with you? A favorite cooking utensil maybe? A favorite health book? A favorite sermon podcast? Leave your comments if you're willing to share. (Did you know commenting is an encouragement? :) ... no,
really!)

2 comments:

  1. Lists, lists and more lists. Praying you remember everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rochelle CallahanMay 21, 2014 at 6:42 PM

    Hey! So, we too are writing lists upon lists for July. We even took a couple hours and dumped everything we could think of into our 6 action packers (which will be our checked luggage on the airplane)! For some reason, bringing my favorite mugs is really high on my priority list. There's a lot I can leave behind, but I gotta have my mugs. :)

    Anyway, thanks for the blog! Its always encouraging hearing about other people going through the same weirdness we are!

    ReplyDelete