Pages

Thoughts for the Journey

Welcome to my journey! Perhaps you'll find some encouragement, laughter, or just a thought as you walk along with me.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Frazzled?

Well, the white flag is up!

As much as I have tried to deny it and as strong as I have attempted to be, I am more convinced than ever now of a couple things:
1) single parenting is very difficult
3) God is very wise in His design for marriage and family.

(No, there is not a typo above... It's simply a representation of my frazzled-ness and a tribute to every female that feels or has felt frazzled with me!)

So what do I mean by 'frazzled'? I'm not really talking about the daily grind. Dressing the girls, cooking, cleaning, picking up toys, facilitating nap times, homeschooling, other household duties, etc... What I AM talking about is the interactions. The way my kids respond to me changes when their daddy is not home. I have to wonder why this is- if my husband and I are parenting with the same heart, the same goals, and like-mindedness, shouldn't our girls respond to me just as they do when he is in the room? And yet, I find this not to be the case.

So I find myself feeling frazzled and overwhelmed at times. A bit helpless. 

But you know what? I 'hear' the Lord asking me, "So who are you looking toward to raise your children? Are you looking to your husband? (Or to your own strength and abilities?) Or are you looking to Me?" 

There will be so many times in PNG when Noe will be out doing various things, especially if/when he spends time building our house. Or if he goes on survey trips. Or if he goes out with other men on hunting trips or whatnot. I can learn now how to be better prepared for this. Will I let Him meet me and teach me in my moments of feeling frazzled and overwhelmed? Or will I let those moments swallow me?

So in closing:
7) In my own strength I am only as good as "super-me!" (bahaha!) But in the strength of my faithful God, we can not only survive but we can do well together!

 ...and a bit of flexibility and random-ness never hurt either ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment